A pendant is a jewellery item that can be worn with any kind of outfit. Thus, jewellers try to display new trendy pendants suitable for the changing trends of fashionable clothes worn by both the gender.
In India, people like to wear traditional, classic as well as uniquely designed pendant that suits both Indian and Indo western outfits. If you do not have much idea about the pendant designs, it is best to know the present trend by browsing through the collection available on the online stores as well as land-based jewellery show rooms.
Some of the trendy attractive pendants:
- Flower pattern long pendant: This design pattern is available in gold with gems studded on it. This goes well with even for western dresses. If you are wearing off shoulder dress or bare neckline outfit, make sure to wear bold flower-patterned pendant swinging in the simple gold chain.
- Traditional or classic pendant: It is best to be worn with all kind of Indian dresses and for highlighting the necklines of designer blouses worn with sarees and long skirts. The pendants are studded with precious gems and pearls that will make you more appealing.
- Layered pendant sets: They are available in varied shapes and best worn with deep ‘V’ neck dress and scoop neckline dresses. The pendants are designed with layers of gems embedded on precious metals.
- Temple jewellery pendant: It is one of the classic designed pendants. The pendant has the emblem of Hindu God and Goddess.
- Kundan pendant sets: Widely popular among ladies as it is designed with large stone, gems artistically embedded in gold metal.
There are few important points to consider while buying or customizing the pendant set to wear trendy and beautiful jewellery that will enhance your lovely look.
Some facts that help in choosing suitable pendant sets:
- Colour: Make sure that the pendent set matches your outfit colour, otherwise it will look odd. For black, cream and white shades of dress, any colour of gems embedded won’t look gaudy or mismatched. Contrast in colours of jewel and the outfit will surely help in making you look trendy. However, the contrast should be ppropriate as some shade of colours doesn’t look best while matching.
- Size of the pendant: Simple normal scale pendant is appropriate to be worn on a daily basis. Small ones are best to be worn with western outfit while bigger jewellery set matches with traditional dress. On festive occasions, you can have long size layered pendent sets embedded with precious gems to look tacky. For parties, you can wear pendent of single large size gem stones fixed between delicately carved border of valuable metal.
- The shape of the pendant: Don’t wear geometrical pattern shapes with traditional dresses. It won’t promote beautiful classic look. If you like to wear pendant regularly then choose a smaller one that is well designed and has few gems fixed in a unique pattern.
Pendant set with matching earrings is perfect to be worn anytime making you look appealing and enchanting.